She leaned closer and started the story.
The story takes place in Vietnam, and this was during her teenage years when she was dating my father. My father had driven the two of them on his motorcycle; the vehicle of choice in Vietnam for dinner with some friends. After dinner and a few rounds my father was in condition to drive. Even then my father was a heavy drinker (I guess that's where I get it from), so my mom was volunteered into driving the both of them home, though her friends were worried for her. My mom isn't the most coordinated person and her driving herself on a motorcycle was a bit worrisome let alone driving herself and my drunken father behind her.
She had to get the motorcycle and the both of them home somehow so my mom said "no, no, I'm fine, I can do it." So with my drunken father behind her, my mom set off for home. It wasn't until she got home she realized my father wasn't behind her anymore. She freaked out and retraced her steps on the motorcycle in the middle of the night in search of my father. she finds my father at a street corner asleep under a street light. it turns out my father had fell off during a sharp turn and found his way to a street lamp and fell asleep.
so my mom got him back on the motorcycle, strapped him in the best she could and drove the both of them home. the next morning my dad said, "sorry you had to drive the both of us home. thanks for getting us back safely." apparently he was so inebriated he didn't even remember the whole bit about falling off the bike and being left in the middle of the night under a street lamp.
yup, that's my family.
1 comment:
I love it.
Post a Comment