I was e-mailing a friend about some of my favorite restaurants and the list grew quite long. It really makes me appreciate the San Gabriel Valley and it's diversity. There's nothing but restaurants here, and they all close fairly late.
I'm going to list some of my favorite restaurants. I've also included the yelp links for your convenience, see how good I am to you guys?
It's going to be a long list and yeah sure, you can get most of the dishes in just one restaurant, but who goes to a steakhouse to order seafood just because they have it right?
This is my favorite ramen house. There's also a location Little Tokyo but this one is closer. They close up shop when they're out of soup for the day.
Daikokuya
http://www.yelp.com/biz/daikokuya-monterey-park
This is for Shabu Shabu, it's owned by Taiwanese people but the beef is fresh enough the service is nice and it's close by.
T T Shabu
http://www.yelp.com/biz/t-t-shabu-monterey-park
This is my favorite restaurant for sashimi. It's in L.A., but they have the freshest sashimi. Not good for large parties and it gets crowded. Also not open on Sundays.
Sushi Gen
http://www.yelp.com/biz/sushi-gen-los-angeles
By far the best Vietnamese rice dishes. The wait for a table on a weekend is insane. Not sure, but I think they're closed on Thursdays.
Golden Deli Vietnamese Restaurant
http://www.yelp.com/biz/golden-deli-vietnamese-restaurant-san-gabriel
Here's another vietnamese rice restaruant. It's just as good as Golden Deli but with less of a wait on certain days and hourse. Not open on Tuesday I believe.
Saigon Flavor
http://www.yelp.com/biz/saigon-flavor-san-gabriel
My favorite Pho place. Delicious broth. Really good for nursing a hang over. Dont be fooled by "New Noodle City" who didn't renew "Noodle City's" lease and took over at the original location in Alhambra.
Noodle City
http://www.yelp.com/biz/noodle-city-monterey-park
I only know of 3 restaurants for 7 course beef. Yes, 7 they serve SEVEN courses of BEEF. This is the one I frequent the most. One of the other 3 has bad service and last one doesn't specialize in 7 course beef.
Anh Honh Restaurant
http://www.yelp.com/biz/anh-hong-restaurant-rosemead
This place is known for their hai nam chicken, but their red rice beef cubes or red rice and cornish hen.
Hai Nam Saigon
http://www.yelp.com/biz/hai-nam-saigon-alhambra
My favorite place for Chiu Chow noodles. Their wait for tables on the weekends is very long and parking is limited. This is also the home of a 166.5 million dollar mega millions winner.
Kim Ky Noodle House
http://www.yelp.com/biz/kim-ky-noodle-house-san-gabriel
Typing up this entry got me soooo hungry...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment