Tuesday, April 24, 2007

'Cause I'm Bigger Than My Body Gives Me Credit For

Its spring and another number has just rolled over on the age dial. I’m friggin’ 23 dammit. It’s all downhill from here; the mid-twenties. I’m nearing the end of my college career. I’m at the end of one stage of my life and about to start another.

I’m trying desperately to hold on my slacker life of waking up in the afternoons and staying in my pjs throughout the day, but the enlistment and deployment to the workforce is inevitable.

When I was growing up I always thought I was destined to do something great in life and now I’m left wondering "Is this really it?"

I don’t want to be reading this entry 40 years from now regretting my life.
It’s the start of a new chapter. This is the start of something new and the start of something big.
I don’t want to be reading this entry 40 years from now laughing at how naïve I was.

So is this really it? No, not by a long shot.
Do I know what’s ahead of me? No, but that’s half the fun.

This is just the beginning.

No comments: