Wednesday, September 24, 2008

All Stitched Up

John Mayer was explaining the idea behind the song he wrote with Herbie Hancock, "All Stitched Up"

The idea for the song came from when
I was parking my car one time in New York City
And I was walking back to my apartment and I saw this girl walking
and I was like “Hey…”

and most guys when they do the “Hey…,” their future life flashes through their eyes.
They see beautiful stuff and they see just a lovely a placid life, with wonderful success
and great love, and think,

“Wow! I walked past that!”

But for whatever reason
I was like “Not so fast you...”

and I starting thinking…
What if we from now on every time we walk by a beautiful woman we say to ourselves,

"I’m glad I never have to ever put up with that!"

It’s an interesting concept.

Interesting concept indeed Mr. Mayer

No comments: